Sunday 17 January 2010

Two Steps Back

The sun was shining, it was warm and I was up for the work. What could possibly go wrong? Whilst I'm probably being over critical, todays range session was not great. There were way too many inconsistant shots, fading off right, turning over left and just the odd moment of joy as I got one to rasp straight and true from the sweetspot. I never felt in control of the swing throughout and the frustration I felt yesterday from the enforced layoff was still there today.

I'm hoping that the course may open again next weekend so I can just go out and play. Maybe I'm worrying too much about the swing again and need to just "grip it and rip it". However the forecast for the week doesn't look great with more rain due so I'm still dubious about my chances of getting out.

On the plus side I've got a flexi afternoon off work on Tuesday so I might go and hit a few balls at the range. I have a feeling I was trying to work on too many things at once and fell between several stools. I need to work on my initial takeaway I think as per my recent lesson. I was trying to concentrate on that, turning properly on the inside of my right foot and swinging with a slow, smooth tempo. Way too much for my tiny brain. It's annoying that one of the teaching pros watched me on the 5th and said I was striking it great and today I struggled to put two consecutive shots together. Still no-one said golf was easy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling exactly the same. I keep telling myself that I've just had 4 months off really hitting balls and to just enjoy it but I keep thinking I should be hitting it as though it was August and I'd been playing/practising hard for 4 months!

    ReplyDelete

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...