Saturday 16 January 2010

Finally.....back to swinging a club

At last. Managed to finally get to put club to ball down at Maidenhead Golf Centre. Not quite the horror show I thought it might have been but I wasn't swinging as well as I was on the 5th when I last managed to practice. There are still a number of ongoing issues. I'm working on the takeaway and grip change as per my lesson on January 4th and I know I wasn't making a particularly good turn. Contact with the ball was pretty reasonable but I was "directionally challenged" and seemed to be hitting a number of big hooks. I'm frustrated that my hard work has been compromised but feel that I'm ready to play well if and when the course ever re-opens (famous last words). I'm going back tomorrow to work on it so I'm hoping it'll click back into place.

To be honest it was just nice to be out and not running the gauntlet of the local supermarket on a Saturday morning. I managed to swing past Royal Ascot on the way home. The first two holes are still frozen and the back nine requires scuba gear as it's heavily waterlogged. No play until at least Monday and even then I think they are being optimistic.

I did manage to look at the 2010 Footjoy catalogue in the pro shop. Those who know me will be aware that I have a Ian Poulter like collection of shoes but to be honest I was disappointed in the majority of Footjoy's 2010 offerings. It looks very much like they are going for the trendier, younger end of the market. I'll have a closer look in the next few months but initial impressions are not good.

Watched the golf from South Africa earlier and it was great to see Darren Clarke back to form. One of golfs real nice guys who has struggled in the last few years with his game but has battled hard to find something that works for him. I really hope he does well tomorrow and it would be nice to see him win again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...