Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow Chance

I had a lesson with Rhys ap Iolo yesterday at the Downshire Golf Centre. I'd hope to be able to get out and work on the drills he showed me but the weather intervened. No golf at all today but I wandered up to Royal Ascot Golf Club with the good lady wife and had a bit of a meander around. Not a soul around. Very nice

The putting green. Not much chance of making a putt on there - The 9th is behind it


A view back to the tee from behind the par three 6th hole

The iconic grandstand on the racecourse from the first tee

The clubhouse at Royal Ascot looking back from the 10th fairway
A view back to the 16th tee from the 150 yards marker - one of the toughest driving holes on the course

The pond by the 18th green

The practise ground - my second home - looking rather forlorn. No chance of hitting any balls today


The putting green again looking towards the 1st green
 Hopefully the thaw will kick in soon and I can find somewhere to put club on ball. Its all rather frustrating as we had a very good lesson yesterday and I'm desperate to make good what I was shown. I'm wondering if the course will be open by next weekend. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...