Thursday 14 October 2010

This Is Going To Hurt

It's the monthly medal on Saturday and being a dedicated soul I went to the range after work to get back into the groove. Not sure what groove I was getting into or whether the needle had stuck but it was nothing short of shocking. I've developed another dose of the unmentionables and so my playing partners at the weekend are advised not to stand too far forward or right of me when I'm playing in case I decapitate them or if it's one of my low ones, break their ankle.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong although the swing is all over the shop and I feel everything is moving. I'm probably rocking back onto my toes again (old habits and all that) but as I can't get to the range tomorrow I'm far from confident about Saturday. As it's a medal there's no hiding place if it all goes wrong and I could be on the receiving end of a very painful scoreline. Still you also have to be in it to win it and I can't believe I've become that bad overnight. Let's put it down to a bad session and chill.

On the plus side I'd already booked a lesson with a guy called Paul Harrison for next Thursday anyway. Paul has helped me a couple of times this season and although we had originally talked about the impact position I'm currently getting into (very spun out) and the need to feel more over the ball as I strike it, I'm sure we'll be able to cure the root cause of my current affliction.

If you've had a flutter on my lost ball count for the year and are trailing, I've a feeling you may have a rollover on Saturday and I'll definitely be making sure the bag is topped up with ammo. In fact I'm off to find some sacrificial balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...