Friday 22 October 2010

Life Can Be Hard

Apologies for the lack of activity on here but sadly life hasn't been too good lately and so golf has been a long way down the agenda. One of my family members has a serious illness. They have been ill for a while but the diagnosis only came through yesterday and so it's taken a bit of time to sink in. I'll know more about prognosis, treatment etc when I see them over the weekend. As you'll understand, golf and this blog will have to take a back seat for a while.

Rest assured, Homer's Odyssey is far from finished. Let's just call it weighing anchor for a while. I had a lesson last night (before I got the confirmation) and finally feel like I've turned a huge corner and so any spare time I get (or if I just need to empty my mind of everything else) will be spent at the range working on the swing as I can dedicate as much or as little time as circumstances dictate.

I hope I'll be back to my journey, and to golf in general pretty soon but in the interim I'm sure you'll understand if things go a bit quiet on here for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Martin. Hope you can get back to the game soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family before anything else Homer. Golf can wait. At least you've got your priorities right.
    Best of luck mate.

    Basher.

    ReplyDelete

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...