Wednesday 30 June 2010

Four Rounds - I Could Be Gone For Days

I went out and played nine holes tonight in preparation for the Macmillan Longest Day Challenge on Friday. I was cautiously optimistic after Sunday and had hit the ball half decently at the range last night. However as seems to be the case these days, a few days after a lesson and with everything seemingly bedded in nicely it goes horribly wrong. Not just a little wrong, with a few mishits, but wrong on a grandiose scale with slices out of bounds and shanks from nowhere.

I have to say it could be a very, very long day on Friday and at this rate the lost ball count could be close to three figures by the end. I did get some semblance of normality on the practice ground after my nine hole horror show but I don't feel as if I'm addressing it as I was at the lesson and certainly don't feel the turn back is anywhere near what I was achieving on Saturday. It might be a mental thing as I did get some good shots away when I focused on slowing everything down.

Oh well, even if I hack it around it's all for a good cause. It isn't too late to give should you desire (and we'd be grateful) so click on the link in my last post set up by our captain for the day Hywel Lloyd. Now where did I see that spare box of old X outs?

Total number of lost balls in 2010 = 43

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...