Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

Belated happy new year to everyone. It's great that the poor weather is behind us and for the most part we are all back out on the course. Royal Ascot is fully open and has coped admirably with the problems caused by the snow and in particular has drained impressively well.

2011 is going to be a big year for the blog. There are going to be lots of prizes on offer in various competitions including a Vokey wedge to the winner in one only open to followers. Other prizes include golf jumpers and premium golf balls. On the subject of competitions, congratulations to Joe Fear (blog follower and regular contributor to the Golf Monthly Forum) who successfully guessed I'd lose 74 balls in the course of my 2010 golfing year. There is a dozen Titleist Pro V balls in the post to him as I type.

In a regular feature I'll be giving a "Choppers Guide to Royal Ascot" which will highlight each hole in turn, with the ideal way to play it, the way I do, which usually bears no resemblance to the former, and let you in on a few highlights and disasters that have befallen club members and guests alike. Of course they'll be the regular run down on how my quest for single figures is going. Homer's Odyssey - The Sequel gets under way next week with the first stableford of the new year. We start at 12.1 (dangerously close to going up to 13) but with the prize still firmly in view. I'll also be letting you know about any new clubs I try. As always I'll give you a direct and honest report and cut through the advertising blurb. Of course the only way to find out for sure is to hit them yourself. Always try before you buy. As usually it'll be great if you can get involved and leave comments on what you think about the world of golf on Planet Homer.

I hope 2011 brings you everything you and your family hope for and that your drives are long and straight and your putts find the bottom of the hole every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...