Thursday 9 September 2010

New Taylormade Irons

As you might have gathered over our journey together, I am a bit of a magpie and get easily drawn to shiny new kit. Not necessarily to buy you understand but to at least try it for myself (and my blog readers) and see if the club matches the hype.

I'm pleased, very pleased, to announce that Taylormade have just launched their new version of the iconic Burner irons, the Burner 2.0. According to the launch video these are the most playable version yet (well they would say that) but are aimed at anyone from a 5-25 handicap. The longer irons have a higher kickpoint to get them airborne and are more forgiving and the shorter irons have been designed with a more compact head, less offset and smaller cavity for more control.

Here is a link to the gallery. http://www.taylormadegolf.com/burner/gallery.aspx

I've also got a few pictures to whet your appetite






These are being marketed as the longest Burner irons yet. Again they would say that as distance sells. Looking at the lofts though it's not hard to see why they go so far. A 45 degree wedge was an 8 iron not so many years ago. http://www.taylormadegolf.com/burner/specs.aspx

That said, I am a self-confessed Taylormade equipment whore so these are very exciting. I think they will be a lot better looking than previous Burner models but will never be as good as say the Mizuno forged clubs which are always sleek and sexy. They are due to be launched in October but I don't have a price yet. I'll be doing my best to source a demo version as quickly as I can as I can already hear my credit card calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...