Sunday 8 August 2010

Still Troubled

I had a few domestic issues to sort out this morning so missed out on my game with my old Ascot mate Paul Sweetman (Budeley to his friends) which was a shame as he's on limited playing rights at the course this year and we always have a good laugh when we play. Cest la vie.

However I was able to sort out my problems in time to wander over to Sand Martins and use their range and short game area. Despite my decent round (well for fourteen holes anyway) yesterday I never really struck the ball well. I was hoping it was down to not practicing last week and that a couple of hours working on the swing would have it clicking into place. Sadly not and whilst a lot of shots were good or acceptable there were still far too many that weren't and none seemed to be the same mistake repeated twice.

On the plus side, I did spend a good forty five minutes or so working on the bunker play. I switched back to my old 56 degree wedge which is a sand wedge in everything but name. I played around with my set up and think I've found something that seems to be working consistently. I'll try it out up at Royal Ascot in the week but will probably drop the 58 degree wedge for a while.

The other good thing about visiting Sand Martins were that my new Footjoy shoes were in. Check out these bad boys coming to a course near you.

http://www.footjoy.co.uk/ec/printfriendly.asp?cid=1097065

I can't wait to break them in on Wednesday and might give them a run out at the weekend. They were certainly getting a positive response from the Sand Martins members as I tried them on. Homer is becoming a fashion guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...