Tuesday 29 November 2011

Some Days Are Better Than Others

It's been an ordinary sort of day. Another day in work, dull, cold and wet outside and no enthusiasm to hit the driving range. However I rocked up at home after the commute home to find I'd had a delivery. Sitting there was a red box with Footjoy emblazoned all over it. Now I know I have a certain reputation for liking my Footjoys (only 11 pairs at the last count) but I knew I'd been good and not ordered any recently.

I opened the box and to my amazement it was a pair of the brand new Footjoy shoe the XPS-1. These haven't even gone on general sale yet and when they do will have an RRP of around £199. It turns out it was part of the prize from the Golf Monthly competition my regular partner Mike Stannard won to go over to Dublin, meet Padraig Harrington and be one of the first anywhere in the world to try the new shoes out on the golf course. The winners would then receive a complimentary pair. As I was his chosen partner to accompany him on the trip the complimentary shoe offer extended to me as well.

Brand new and all singing, all dancing. A technologically advanced golf shoe
This shoe has been designed to give the golfer far more stability in the shot and features what Footjoy are calling an extreme outsole. Basically it is slightly wider on the outer edge and is designed to stop a golfer swaying and the weight transferring to the outside of the foot. Padraig Harrington has been a huge fan and has been using them all summer on tour. The comments from all those at Carton House echoed the sentiments of the main man himself. They are super comfy straight from the box, and do as they say and provide a more solid platform to swing on.

I have to say a huge debt of thanks both Golf Monthly and Footjoy for such a generous gift. Some days are definitely better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...