Monday 5 July 2010

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Having written about how my game has risen from the murky depths over the last few days, I think it's only fair to pay tribute to Steve Cox, one of the teaching pros at Sand Martins. I'm lucky in that my lovely wife works there and as the two teaching pros I usually go to were fully booked she was able to persuade Steve to step into the breach and try and banish my attack of the shanks.



He squeezed me into his packed teaching schedule and although it was a single 45 minute lesson but he spent the time to watch, video and explain my swing and its faults and to give me a couple of simple but effective things to remember and work on. The swing is still a little way from where I want it but my golf has come back and the game is enjoyable once more. The problem with a dose of the shanks is that it's like Russian roulette. You stand over every shot and can never be 100% certain whether it will go roughly where you want it to or fly straight right into the jungle. It saps your confidence and your belief.

I'm not usually one for plugging too much on here, but as the title says, credit where credit is due. If you are ever in the Berkshire area and your game is in need of a fix, then give Steve a shout. It'll be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...